Conditions We Treat
Dr. Vivian Asamoah is Your Gastroenterology Specialist
For years, Dr. Vivian Asamoah has served the gastroenterology needs of Katy, TX, and the surrounding areas. Dr. Asamoah is a board-certified gastroenterologist with an emphasis on evidence-based, integrative, and nutritional medicine. Our office primarily focuses on gastroenterology treatments, but we also specialize in functional medicine and overall wellness.
Top Conditions Treated At Our Katy, TX Office
The gastroenterology specialists at our office provide premier treatment of various conditions to our valued patients. The top conditions treated at our Katy, TX office include the following:
- Bloating: This condition affects one in five persons and is most common in women. Abdominal bloating is a sensation of excessive gas and distension of the bowel.
- Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBO): This occurs when there is an increase in the number or a change in the type of bacteria in your small intestine. SIBO symptoms include abdominal pain, bloating, indigestion, diarrhea, and excess gas or flatulence. You’ll find premier SIBO treatment at our office.
- Abdominal Pain: This type of pain occurs between the chest and pelvic regions. It can be crampy, achy, dull, intermittent, or sharp. We offer abdominal pain treatment.
- Chronic Nausea and Vomiting: Certain conditions such as peptic ulcer disease, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), pancreatic disease, bile duct disease, and certain cancers may manifest as chronic nausea and vomiting.
- Celiac Disease: Immune reactivity to gluten is usually the cause of this condition. Antibodies formed against gluten cause inflammation that erodes the stomach lining and small intestine. We provide Celiac disease treatment at our state-of-the-art facility.
- Food Allergy and Sensitivities: We provide food allergy treatment to patients throughout Katy, TX, and the surrounding areas.
- Constipation: If you’re experiencing fewer than three stools per week, as well as hard, dry, and small stools that are painful or difficult to pass, you’re likely suffering from constipation.
Other Gastroenterology & Hepatology Conditions
In addition to the aforementioned top conditions we treat at our Katy, TX office, we also treat the following gastroenterology and hepatology conditions:
- Colonic Polyps
- Colon/Rectal Cancer
- Crohn’s and Ulcerative Colitis
- Diarrheal Illnesses
- Difficulty Swallowing (Dysphagia)
- Diverticular Disease
- Duodenal and Gastric Ulcers
- Gallbladder Disease
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Pylori Infection
- Hemorrhoidal Disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Liver Disease
- Pancreatic Disease
- Severe Heartburn or Reflux
- Rectal Bleed
- Weight Loss
Contact Us for Gastroenterology Treatment Today
Our office utilizes innovative testing and integrative treatment plans to deliver long-lasting and sustainable health improvements to our valued patients. If you need gastroenterology treatment, you’ll be happy to know that Dr. Asamoah and her team of gastroenterology specialists provide the best care in the Katy, TX area. Contact us today to learn more or to schedule an appointment.