Welcome to Our Functional Gastro Program!
We are excited to partner along with you in this journey to better gut health! This is a more in-depth guide to our Functional Medicine Program, meant to help answer questions for new patients.
Please use this guide, combined with our FAQs to learn more about the Functional Gastro Program
Meet your team
We have spent the last 6 years researching, developing, and perfecting our unique Functional Gastro Program.
Dr. Vivian Asamoah MD, IFMCP
Dr. Vivian Asamoah is a Board Certified Gastroenterologist, and Certified Functional Medicine Practitioner, As a specialist she strives to deliver the best kind of medicine to her clients:: one that integrates the best of both worlds, conventional medicine and holistic care. Her focus is root cause medicine.. She is passionate about helping clients with chronic gut issues established a healthy relationship with food without the fear of eating.
Our Functional Gastro Program is a Game Changer!
Chronic gut conditions we treat
- Chronic bloating
- Reflux, dyspepsia
- Chronic fatigue/brain fog
- Chronic constipation
- Unexplained diarrhea
- Gut-brain axis symptoms
- Small Intestinal Bacterial & Fungal Overgrowth
- Post COVID gut illness
- Food Sensitivities/Allergies
- MAST cell activation syndrome
- Celiac Disease
- Colitis/Crohn’s Disease
- Fatty Liver and Autoimmune Liver Disease
- Weight gain/Weight loss
- Exocrine pancreatic insufficiency
Some of the Reasons People Choose to See Us…
- I find myself frustrated with conventional medicine. I need a more holistic approach.
- I want to stop living in pain and enjoy eating food again.
- My symptoms are affecting my ability to care for myself and my family.
- My symptoms have affected my quality of life. I just want my life back.
Life-Changing Successes That Began With Our 12 Week Functional Gastro Program!
I cannot express enough how genuinely grateful I am for contacting Dr. Asamoah. I started her Functional Wellness program over 3 months ago and I've honestly NEVER felt this good since I was a child, pre-diagnosis. I've suffered for a very long time, I've tried the best of the best medications, but I never could get better. Dr. Asamoah took the time to run tests and get to the root of the problem. Because of her and her dietician Nicole, her functional wellness program was a real game-changer for me and I'm still in disbelief on how good my tummy feels. Thank y'all from the bottom of my soul and semi-colon : ) xoxo
My first visit with functional medicine really surpassed my expectations. I was so impressed how I was carefully listened to and the desire of Nicole and Dr, Asamoah to help me get well. I have been battling gastro problems for over ten years (nausea, constipation, diarrhea, bloating, gas and stomach pain. I Had felt that most of the doctors were just throwing meds at me in hopes that something worked. Now I feel that my case is being seen and approached in a way of that encompasses my whole person and I finally have hope. I have a vital part to play in my recovery - not just taking drugs as they are prescribed. Thank you Nicole and Dr. Asamoah
What Can You Expect From Our Team?
Our relationship is a collaboration between you and the Functional Gastro team as a whole. We hope to empower you to become a true advocate for your health with all providers.
Communication and education is key!
Our primary form of clinical communication is through the patient portal, so please make sure you are able to log in once you are part of the program.
What Is Included in This 12 Week Program ?
- Detailed assessments & functional gastro treatment plan.
- Lab recommendations with video interpretations.
- Detailed nutrition assessment and therapeutic food plan.
- Support through dedicated health coaching sessions for Lifestyle and behavior change
- Collaborative communication with your health care team. as desired.
- Virtual Visits or In-office visits
- Access to our private Facebook group for support & community
- Complementary Natural Gut Health ebook
- Weekly educational email support
- 20% Discounts on IV Drip packages
- Complimentary Infrared Sauna x 3months
What Does Our Team Need From You?
Readiness, motivation, & positive mindset
An honest, in-depth personal health history provides us much-needed insight into the root cause of your ailments and allows us to provide customized treatment plans and care for you.
- Gender-specific Intake Questionnaire
- Multi-system Questionnaire
Please do your best to disclose all aspects of your health, small and significant, to the best of your ability.
Patients are expected to complete financial policy consents and specialized testing/supplement acknowledgment.
Prior to Your Appointment
- Previous relevant medical records and labs should be provided to our office 48hr BEFORE your initial consultation. Email to email@example.com or fax: (832)-437-3206
- Payment is required in advance. In order to schedule or confirm your appointment, we must collect at the time of scheduling. See FAQs, here, for our financial policies & payment plan options.
- Once the program has started all payments are NON-REFUNDABLE.
- Intake forms and medical questionnaires must be completed and submitted to us at least 48 hours before your appointment. Initial consultations missing the intake questionnaires will be rescheduled.
During Your Visit
- Allow for dedicated 45-minute consultations in a relaxed, non-stressful environment. For details about the duration of each visit click HERE. (add link to FAQs)
- Test your video and sound. and make sure electronic have been charged with full battery.
- Prepare your list of questions/issues ahead of your appointment and make sure to have something to jot notes on.
- One family member over the age of 16, who wishes to support you during the consultation, is permitted if you wish.
AFTER YOUR VISIT
- Within 48 business hours after your visit, you will receive a visit summary containing all of our recommendations (nutrition, supplements, testing, etc.) This information will be sent to you in text and email from Fullscript.
- Fullscript is our online professional-grade supplement dispensary. Please make sure that you set up your account after our first visit.
- Attachments are often included with your Functional Gastro Plan. If you are unable to download attachments on your phone, please use a computer when you log into Fullscript.
- Keep your primary care physician (PCP) informed of your health and health goals is very important. If there are ever any concerns regarding with the treatment plan we provided, please have them contact us.
Diagnostic and Speciality Testing
- Conventional lab testing covered through your insurance or competitive self-pay prices, when appropriate is our first option.
- Functional specialty lab are sometimes necessary as they look well beyond most conventional lab panels at to help uncover the root cause.
Please note this specialty lab tests may be out of network with your insurance. It is your responsibility to check with your insurance provider and/or the labs directly for questions regarding coverage.
Specialty tests are often recommended
- Detailed micronutrient test
- Detail stool analysis for bacteria/yeast overgrowth, parasites, digestion and absorption function
- Immune gut health
- Food Allergy/sensitivity testing
- Hormone testing
Additional insurance covered testing such as EGD, colonoscopy, motility studies, HIDA scan, ultrasound, CT scan may be recommended when appropriate
Due to scheduling availability and high demand for Dr. Vivian Asamoah’s Functional Gastro appointments, we require our 12-week program participants to advance book for all appointments in the program to avoid any delay in treatment.
- Appointment may be rescheduled ONLY 2 times during the 12-week program.
- Appointment canceled/rescheduled 48 hrs or less for their appointment time will be charged a $50 late fee.
IMPORTANT: All visits MUST be completed WITHIN 12 weeks to allow for sustained progress and attainable goals. Purchased programs will not extend beyond 12 weeks.
Support & Guidance!
- Communication is important to us. All questions, clinical and nutrition, should be communicated through the patient portal. Please expect a reply within 48 business hours (8:30 am -5:00 pm)
- Remember that this program is to serve our patients with chronic gut issues, should you develop any acute GI symptoms, seek immediate attention from your primary care physician or the Emergency Room.
- OOnline engagement and support on social media is available on our private Facebook group – Natural Gut Relief
- Each program participant will receive our weekly educational emails to help assist in lifestyle and behavior modification as well as enhance your knowledge and understanding of gut health.
OUR PROMISE TO YOU!
As we embark on this journey together, we will develop an integrative approach for your gut health and strive to foster a compassionate, holistic partnership that will help us uncover the root cause of your health concerns. With your dedication, commitment, and positive mental attitude, we are confident that you can begin to see positive changes in your overall quality of life.