Gastroenterology in Katy, TX
If you are currently suffering from gastrointestinal illness or exhibiting specific GI (gastrointestinal) symptoms or condition, get help from a highly-trained and experienced gastroenterologist in your area. Dr. Asamoah is the Katy, TX area’s premier choice for top-quality gastroenterology care. Dr. Asamoah has what it takes to help you overcome your stomach, colon, and other digestive ailments. Learn more about gastroenterology. Find out how the right GI doctor can play a significant role in finally obtaining the relief you need and deserve.
What is Gastroenterology?
Gastroenterology is a branch of medicine that focuses specifically on the digestive system and its associated disorders. This specialized area of medicine concentrates on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the esophagus, stomach, small intestine, colon and rectum, liver, gallbladder, bile ducts, and the pancreas.
Sustainable and Long-Lasting Solutions for Your Digestive Health
Gut issues can negatively affect you throughout life. It only makes sense that solutions be long-lasting
From the knowledge of the science of the mind and body to lifestyle and nutrition, we evaluate and treat our patients fully
Why is Gastroenterology Important?
The normal function of the GI tract is to move ingested food through the stomach and intestinal system for digestion, nutrient absorption, and waste removal. The purpose of gastroenterology is to ensure this system is functioning optimally. Patients experiencing gastrointestinal illnesses often become less efficient at digestion, nutrient absorption, and or waste removal. Gastroenterology takes an exclusive look at GI ailments and diseases. It finds the necessary solutions to diagnose and treat conditions of the digestive system. In addition, preventative services in Gastroenterology like colonoscopy screenings help avert disease or make an early diagnosis to achieve better outcomes
Why Would Someone Need to See a Gastro Doctor?
Though most people will experience mild gastrointestinal issues now and again, lingering symptoms need to be checked by a seasoned gastro doctor. If you are suffering from chronic abdominal pain, bloating, gas, diarrhea, heartburn, rectal bleeding, or other symptoms associated with your digestive tract, schedule an appointment with Dr. Asamoah. She will assess, develop the right plan to diagnose and treat your specific condition, to get you back to living a painless, worry-free life again.
Conditions We Treat
Our Katy, TX gastroenterology specialists help patients with a wide range of conditions. Some of the most common issues we have treated in our office include:
- Celiac Disease: This condition is usually caused by immune reactivity to gluten. The antibodies against gluten created by the immune system creates inflammation that damage the small intestines and stomach.
- Bloating: Symptoms of bloating include excessive gas and distension of the abdomen. This common condition affects one-fifth of the population, although women are more likely to develop it.
- Constipation: You may be suffering from constipation if your stools are small, dry, hard, or difficult to pass, or if your bowel movements occur less than three times a week.
- Chronic nausea and vomiting: There are many conditions that can cause excessive nausea and vomiting, such as GERD, pancreatic disease, bile duct disease, peptic ulcer disease, and some types of cancers.
- Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBG): A change in the type or number of bacteria in your small intestine can cause symptoms such as bloating, indigestion, abdominal pain, diarrhea, and flatulence.
- Gallbladder Disease: Gallstones can form in the gallbladder or bile ducts and cause pain and discomfort after eating. We can prescribe diet and lifestyle changes to manage symptoms as an alternative to surgery.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS): IBS causes cramping in your abdomen and changes in your bowel movements. While it is a chronic condition, there are many options for treating the symptoms.
- Crohn’s Disease: This illness is characterized by chronic inflammation of the digestive track that causes a number of symptoms, including diarrhea, cramping, and weight loss.
CONTACT US FOR GASTROENTEROLOGY TREATMENT TODAY
Dr. Asamoah’s team of Katy, TX gastroenterology specialists are recognized for their quality of care. We are dedicated to providing long-lasting health improvements for our patients using innovative testing methods and integrative programs for treating gastrointestinal issues. Contact us today to learn about our treatment options or to schedule an appointment.