Find Relief From Your GI Issues Today
If you’re suffering from constant gastrointestinal distress, it can make it difficult to fully enjoy your favorite activities or advance your career. At the office of Dr. Vivian Asamoah, we provide professional gastroenterology treatment to help you feel better and live a healthier, happier lifestyle. Dr. Asamoah is your top choice for gastroenterology treatment in Katy and Houston, TX. Get in touch with Dr. Asamoah today to learn more about her affordable gastroenterology services or to schedule your consultation.
What Does a Gastroenterologist Do?
A gastroenterologist is a doctor that specializes in the health and function of the stomach and GI system. They are specialists who treat diseases that affect the stomach, small intestine, esophagus, pancreas, bile duct, rectum, liver, and colon. As a gastroenterologist, Dr. Vivian Asamoah is able to diagnose and treat conditions like:
- Gastrointestinal cancer
- Peptic ulcers
- Autoimmune liver disorders
- Gastrointestinal bleeding
- Viral hepatitis
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBS)
- Crohn’s disease
Sustainable and Long-Lasting Solutions for Your Digestive Health
Gut issues can negatively affect you throughout life. It only makes sense that solutions be long-lasting
From the knowledge of the science of the mind and body to lifestyle and nutrition, we evaluate and treat our patients fully
What Is Gastroenterology?
Gastroenterology is a branch of medicine that focuses specifically on the digestive system and its associated disorders. This specialized area of medicine concentrates on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the esophagus, stomach, small intestine, colon and rectum, liver, gallbladder, bile ducts, and pancreas.
Why Is Gastroenterology Important?
The normal function of the GI tract is to move ingested food through the stomach and intestinal system for digestion, nutrient absorption, and waste removal. The purpose of gastroenterology is to ensure this system is functioning optimally. Patients experiencing gastrointestinal illnesses often become less efficient at digestion, nutrient absorption, and/or waste removal. Gastroenterology takes an exclusive look at GI ailments and diseases. It finds the necessary solutions to diagnose and treat conditions of the digestive system. In addition, preventative services in gastroenterology like colonoscopy screenings help avert disease or make an early diagnosis to achieve better outcomes.
Why Would Someone Need to See a Gastro Doctor?
Though most people will experience mild gastrointestinal issues now and again, lingering symptoms need to be checked by a seasoned gastro doctor. If you are suffering from chronic abdominal pain, bloating, gas, diarrhea, heartburn, rectal bleeding, or other symptoms associated with your digestive tract, schedule an appointment with Dr. Asamoah. She will assess, develop the right plan to diagnose and treat your specific condition, and get you back to living a painless, worry-free life again.
Why You Should Get a Second Opinion in Gastroenterology
Your primary care doctor is integral to your overall well-being, but they do not specialize in disorders of the stomach. If they cannot diagnose or treat your gastrointestinal condition, you need a second opinion from an experienced gastroenterologist like Dr. Asamoah.
Conditions We Treat
Our gastroenterology specialists in Katy, TX, help patients with a wide range of conditions. Some of the most common issues we have treated in our office include:
- Celiac Disease: This condition is usually caused by immune reactivity to gluten. The antibodies against gluten created by the immune system creates inflammation that damage the small intestines and stomach.
- Bloating: Symptoms of bloating include excessive gas and distension of the abdomen. This common condition affects one-fifth of the population, although women are more likely to develop it.
- Constipation: You may be suffering from constipation if your stools are small, dry, hard, or difficult to pass, or if your bowel movements occur less than three times a week.
- Chronic nausea and vomiting: There are many conditions that can cause excessive nausea and vomiting, such as GERD, pancreatic disease, bile duct disease, peptic ulcer disease, and some types of cancers.
- Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBG): A change in the type or number of bacteria in your small intestine can cause symptoms such as bloating, indigestion, abdominal pain, diarrhea, and flatulence.
- Gallbladder Disease: Gallstones can form in the gallbladder or bile ducts and cause pain and discomfort after eating. We can prescribe diet and lifestyle changes to manage symptoms as an alternative to surgery.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS): IBS causes cramping in your abdomen and changes in your bowel movements. While it is a chronic condition, there are many options for treating the symptoms.
- Crohn’s Disease: This illness is characterized by chronic inflammation of the digestive track that causes a number of symptoms, including diarrhea, cramping, and weight loss.
Frequently Asked Gastroenterology Questions:
What is an upper endoscopy?
Upper endoscopy is a procedure that your doctor may use to inspect the lining of your stomach, esophagus, or small intestine. This may be necessary to diagnose certain gastrointestinal conditions.
What is a colonoscopy?
A colonoscopy is used to detect colorectal cancer and polyps. Your doctor is able to evaluate your large intestine and rectum to spot any early signs of potentially life-threatening illnesses.
What is a biopsy?
If Dr. Asamoah finds anything suspicious, she may remove a tiny portion of tissue to test for cancer or bacteria. This removal is totally painless.
Can I involve my primary care doctor?
Any results or records from your appointments can be sent to your primary care doctor.
Does your office prescribe medication?
Our office is able to prescribe medications if Dr. Asamoah deems them a necessary part of your treatment plan.
Does insurance cover gastroenterology treatment?
Most insurance policies will cover gastroenterology treatment. Check with your policy to see if you are covered.
Why Choose Dr. Vivian Asamoah in Katy, TX
What makes Dr. Vivian Asamoah different? At her gastroenterology clinic, she focuses on holistic healthcare that is customized to meet the needs of each individual patient. Dr. Asamoah has studied at some of the most prominent medical institutions in the world, including Johns Hopkins Hospital and the University of Geneva. She specializes in gastroenterology procedures, but she is also well-versed in additional disciplines like functional medicine. With Dr. Asamoah, you can elevate your overall well-being and live a better life.
Schedule Your Appointment With Dr. Asamoah Today
If you’re ready to find relief from your GI disorder, you’re in the right place. Dr. Vivian Asamoah provides gastroenterology treatment in Katy, TX to help you relieve your symptoms, educate yourself about healthcare, and enhance your well-being. For more information about our services or to schedule a consultation, call (281-746-9284) or send us a message on our website.